A question I get asked often during our consultations is whether a family should do an IN-HOME NEWBORN OR STUDIO NEWBORN SESSION. In today’s post, I thought I would break down the key differences to help each momma decide which location is best for their growing family
At KBP studio sessions is an ideal location to allow mommas the opportunity to kick back and relax with everything at their fingertips. From our hair and makeup team to our client closet, mommas can show up in their bun and yoga pants and be transformed into camera ready with little stress or fuss. Studio sessions are going to feature the light-airy tones, sharpest images, and the most neutral color palette. It will also lend itself to more posing variety and a slightly larger gallery. Here are a few things we recommend to help you decide.
A STUDIO SESSION MAY BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOUR FAMILY IF…
- You prefer a mixture of lifestyle posing and more posed portraits
- You want the most options for wardrobe during your session
- You want to skip tidying up your home before your session
- You love portraits that are sharp and feel crisp
- Prefer light and airy style with neutral colors where your family stands out
AN IN-HOME SESSION MAY BE A GREAT FIT FOR YOUR FAMILY IF…
- Prefer little posing and love a lifestyle documentary approach to your portraits
- Your home has a lot of natural light and soft pastel or neutral walls for the best lighting
- You have outfits picked out and prefer not to use wardrobe
- You love soft, delicate feeling images and showcase grain often seen in old-school film images.
- You want your decor to be incorporated into your final portraits.
Whatever your vision it is my goal to make sure you have exactly the portraits you want and love! To see more examples of each type of session check out more from both of these beautiful sessions to help you decide which type of session is right for you.
STUDIO NEWBORN SESSION
IN HOME NEWBORN SESSION